WORK, HEALTH, AND SAFETY MEASURES REPORT AND INVESTIGATE INCIDENTS
Safety is a priority in this industry where people, equipment and cargoes worked together in the daily facilitation of shipment. The NorthPort always keep this in mind, thus it is committed to:
- Strive to minimize, if not eliminate the risks inherent in the workplace and provide appropriate control measures.
- Conserve the use of natural resources and exercise resource management by optimizing the consumption of water, electricity and chemicals.
- Utilize the reduce, reuse and recycling method, proper treatment and disposal of wastes to lessen the negative effects on the environment.
- Comply with applicable legislations covering our operations.
- Maintain and evaluate emergency preparedness plans regularly to minimize health, safety incidents and damage to the environment.
- Report and investigate incidents in line with government regulations and company procedures, ensuring that preventive measures are taken.
- Provide education and training for our employees and associates to ensure that work is carried out in a safe and environmentally manner.
- Periodically review the Health, Safety and Environment performance against objectives, targets and programs and to ensure effective implementation of corrective measures.
- Disseminate information about the company’s Health, Safety and environment performance to all stakeholders.
- General Safety Rules and Regulations
1. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times. The minimum PPE required is a high visibility vest or clothing, safety shoes, and a hard hat. Company ID and Uniform must always be worn as well.
2. Wearing of shorts, sando, and slippers inside the port is strictly prohibited.
3." NO WALK ZONE" is strictly implemented in all Slip Ways and Container Yards inside the port. Only operation supervisors, Managers, Safety and Security Personnel, and Port Workers assigned in these operational areas are allowed.
4. Smoking is strictly prohibited in all port operational areas
5. Narcotics and other illegal drugs are prohibited inside the port.
6. Drinking liquor / alcoholic beverages is not allowed inside the port. Intoxicated persons will be apprehended.
7. Bringing all kinds of deadly weapons inside the port is strictly prohibited.
8. All types of gambling are prohibited inside the port premises
9. When passing through slipways and container yards, intersections always give way to moving equipment.
10. Follow the directed flow of traffic within the operational areas
11. Any form of littering inside the port operational area is protected
12. Maximum speed limit inside the port is 20kph only.
13. Activate hazard lights at all times.
14. Do not block or park on RTG and QC lanes.
15. Do not pass in between two adjacent RTGS.
16. Repair of vehicles inside the terminal is prohibited. Vehicles that have broken down is subject to towing out of the terminal at the owner's expense
17. All Third-Party Trucks inside the Port must be manned at all times Penalties will be imposed on drivers who will abandon their trucks
18. Once the transaction is completed, third-party trucks and other private service vehicles shall immediately exit the port operational area. Parking in all operational areas is strictly prohibited. Penalties will be imposed to violators.
- COVID19 Prevention and Control Guidelines
1. Wearing of facemask at all times.
2. Observance of one (1) meter physical distancing.
3. Proper hand sanitation and hygiene.
4. Body temperature scanning.
5. Daily accomplishment of Health Checklist;
6. Mandatory and immediate reporting to Northport Clinic if an employee manifests Covid-19 related symptoms such as fever, dry cough, fatigue, phlegm, shortness of breath, body pain, sore throat, head ache, chills, vomiting, stuffed nose, and diarrhea
- Emergency Number
NorthPort Safety Emergency Hotline:
Tel No. 8-588-9000 local 1516
NorthPort Security Emergency Hotline:
Tel No. 8-588-9000 local 1106
NorthPort Clinic Emergency Hotline:
Tel No. 8-588-9000 local 1514
Mary Johnston Hospital: 02-8245-4051
Gat Andres Bonifacio: 02-8243-8845
BFP-Tondo Fire Station: 02-8243-2871/ 02-8242-2345
Intramuros Fire Station: 02-8336-5136
San Lazaro Fire Station: 02-8386-4090
Emergency Police Assistance: 117
Delpan Police Station: 02-8245-4101
PNP Explosives & Ordinance: 02-8721-8544
Philippine Coast Guard: 527-8482 to 89
Civil Defense: 02-911-5061